STORY BY Annie
“Ahhhhhhhhh…..” – yes, that is the sound of me deeply sighing… Let go and let down. Om.
So, I won’t bore you with how amazing it was to spend two weeks in Bali juicing, sleeping, daily massages and treatments and gentle yoga, but, well, it was amazing. But being practical, here are ten packing tips for a two week yoga and relaxation trip to Bali:
- Bali can be very damp. Heavy heavy delicious rain can pour for days on end, so for this reason, you will need to pack more things because everything takes longer to dry. This means pack 5 knickers (cotton) instead of three unless you like wearing damp underwear.
- You will need a heavy duty umbrella that is not a teeny teeny width but a nice big width.
- A little hairdryer is a welcome luxury. Damp hair is OK for a few days but gets a bit boring after awhile.
- Also because of the rain, a waterproof sleeve for laptop, Ipad and Iphone is a very good idea for protection for when you are walking from yoga room to cafe.
- Flip flops and other shoes that won’t get damaged by constant wet – nice leather shoes can be ruined in only a few days. You also want flip flops because every one expects you to take your shoes off when you enter buildings and it’s a drag having to bend down to undo shoe laces all the time.
- Despite Bali being tropical, many buildings have fans and air con which can get quite chill. So a lightweight loose over-shirt or shawl will come in very handy, especially as your body quickly cools as you lie still in shavasana.
- I took two quick dry yoga tops and two yoga pants which I alternated. I also packed two pairs of cotton fabric loose pants with elastic waist and elastic legs that doubled as casual gear and as yoga pants. I like to wear loose clothes when I meditate. I also found that I enjoyed wearing my sleeveless cotton T shirt more than my elasticised yoga top.
- On this trip I took a light-weight backpack with me but next time I will try and find a waterproof backpack – any one got any suggestions for a good brand? (Please share in the comments below :)) I saw a woman with a great cross-body zippered sling bag that looked perfect – it even had the words “Waterproof 5L” on it – it looked a perfect fit for carrying my laptop but I haven’t been able to find where to buy it on-line.
- Unless you like damp and lanky, every day is a bad hair day in Bali. If you find them comfortable ,a head band is a good solution, and plenty of hair ties are a must. Better still, get a pixie cut before you go.
- A Beach Travel Bra is a good idea. It can double as a yoga top. You can slip your hotel room key in the side credit card sleeve and no one will know. As a gift from me, (inventor and manufacturer of said Beach Travel Bra), click here to receive a 20% discount. BUY HERE
To buy your Beach Bra, click here
Use code ‘LOVETRAVEL‘ to receive % OFF your order